There must be a better way…
A couple years ago, I was seeking natural health solutions, and found a company called dōTERRA. I was blown away by how amazing these essential oils are, and how much they helped my family with both physical and emotional issues. These essential oils have become such a daily staple in my life, that I can not imagine going a single day without using multiple oils. They truly mean the difference between a positive, happy, productive day, and one where I’m feeling down, tired, and unproductive. When I sense my motivation or mood waning, I head to my oil box and find something to put on.
Shortly after discovering these oils, I realized there was a business opportunity. An opportunity that is literally open to ANYONE who wants it. You can choose to jump in with both feet, or ease your way in. Either way, you are the one who determines your financial destiny.
Initially, I just wanted to earn enough to pay for my oils, which I quickly and easily achieved within my first couple of months, simply by sharing my heart and passion for these oils.
In time, I grew to realize that the financial potential was so much greater than that. And that if I put my mind to it, this was EXACTLY the financial vehicle I was desperately seeking. It was there all along, I just needed to open my eyes and see it!!
I’m becoming more and more aware of just how short and precious life is. And I don’t ever want to look back on my life and think “I wish I had…”.
I’m realizing how many dreams I have suppressed, because I wasn’t one of “those” people – those who are financially free and able to make their decisions based on their passions and desires, and not how much money is in their chequing account.
I no longer have any worries about my financial future, as this is the vehicle that, without question, is going to open up my life to whatever I desire.
I have dreams of being debt-free.
I have dreams of seeing parts of the world that I never thought possible.
I have dreams of living in a self-sufficient homestead, complete with solar panels and beautiful gardens.
I have dreams of not having to spend another day worrying about how I’m going to put food on the table or pay that crazy Hydro bill.
I have dreams of being able to buy organic food and sustainable products, without having to wince at the price tag.
What are YOUR dreams? What would your life look like if you weren’t worried about finances?
Are you seeking a financial pipeline? What dreams do you have that are lurking in your subconscious, because your conscious mind is telling you that you could never do it; you could never afford it, so you keep living your daily grind and not living your best, most passionate life? Are you craving time freedom? How would you choose to spend your days if finances were not part of the equation? Would it be at your current job, or would you have something else in mind?
But will I really make any money doing this?
Like any business, it takes time to grow. This isn’t get-rich-quick. I can show you how to quickly start earning enough to cover the cost of your monthly order, but beyond that, you need to be prepared to work, be consistent, and not give up. The only difference between those who are successful and those who aren’t, is that those who are successful didn’t quit. They kept going, even on the days they didn’t feel like it. I work on my business consistently, every single day, and as a result, my business continues to grow.
On average, you are looking at 3-5 years to create financial freedom (there are no guarantees – it all comes down to how hard you’re willing to work). But here is the thing… that time is going to pass anyway!! Why not use that time to build a financial pipeline. And the bigger question… if you don’t do anything different, how will your finances look in the next 3-5 years? What’s going to change if you don’t?
Here are the average monthly earnings per rank. How much of a difference would some extra income make to your family each month? Most people keep their “day job” until they reach Gold or Platinum.
How is this any better than just getting a 2nd job or starting a more traditional business?
With doTERRA you can work from home (or anywhere!), on your own time, and your own schedule, with a minimal financial investment. Seriously, there is no way I could have started any other business with such a small amount of money. You also don’t have to worry about creating a product, marketing the product, collecting payments from people, delivering product, paying employees, or developing training materials. dōTERRA does all that for you! Your job is to introduce people to the oils, teach them how to use them, then help them set up their own wholesale account so they can get the best possible prices on the oils. I can’t imagine anything more fulfilling than helping people solve their health issues using something safe, natural, and inexpensive.
How many hours will I need to invest?
I would say that the minimum amount of time you could invest in this business would be about 5 hours a week – that breaks down to 1 hour per day, 5 days per week. Consistency is the key, so small, daily action is important. If you have more than 5 hours to invest, even better! It’s amazing how you can tuck little bits of your business in throughout the day. I like to listen to training videos while I’m doing other household tasks, or take phone calls in the evening after my kids are in bed, or hand out samples while I’m out running errands. I respond to messages and do Facebook posts early in the morning while I drink my coffee, and as I am using essential oils throughout the day, I might snap a picture and post it on Facebook. If you can choose one night a week that you can commit to teaching a class, you will build your business much more quickly. Classes aren’t necessary, but they are efficient, because you can reach multiple people at the same time. However, you can also build this business by helping people one-on-one, it just may take a little longer. Ultimately, it’s up to you. It’s your business, and you can grow it as slow or as fast as you’d like. As you can see though, it’s very simple to fit this business into the pockets of your life.
Why should I work with you, and not someone else?
Well, the answer to that, is you should choose to work with the person you feel the most drawn to. That’s because this is truly a relationship business! Whomever you choose to work with, you will be working with them for a very long time. If that person is someone you feel a connection with, that makes this way more fun!
You will want to make sure that the person you choose to work with is truly doing this as a business and will be with you for the long-haul. Although you can technically build this without an upline (and many people do), it is helpful to have someone who can help guide you toward resources and connect you with a community and training. I suggest asking questions before enrolling with someone. If the person who introduced you to the oils isn’t really interested in doing this as a business, you can ask them to refer you to someone who is. Typically it would be the person directly above them. I should add that it’s perfectly ok if the person you want to work with is brand new – it’s really more about the intention. Their willingness to learn and to treat this as a business. If they don’t know the answer to something, they will have an upline to ask. Whoever you enrol with will be your direct contact for questions, etc., so choose wisely. dōTERRA is a high integrity company and does not allow switching teams or enrollers (at least not easily – there are exceptions but it’s not the norm).
If you’d like to work with me, here is what I have to offer:
- I believe in building this business in a simple and organic way. I don’t chase people, and I don’t drag people along. I don’t try to convince people. I work with people who want to work with me. I won’t build your business for you. I will, however, walk along side you and offer support and mentorship if you want it.
- I believe that everyone has a right to build their business the way they want to. Whether you want to crawl, walk, or run, it’s entirely up to you. It’s direction that matters, not speed. Go as slow as you wish, as long as you don’t quit. Whether you just want to earn an extra couple hundred dollars a month so that your oils and supplies are paid for, or you want to supplement your income with a couple thousand dollars a month, or replace and multiply your income so you can quit your job and create financial freedom – it’s entirely up to you. I never push my own goals or agenda on my team. We are all essentially independent business owners, my job is to support you in achieving your goals, whatever they might be.
- I believe in tapping into the duplication that makes Network Marketing such a successful business model. This means using tools and resources that are readily available for us to use, and not re-inventing the wheel. It also means duplicating yourself in others – so not doing people’s work for them, but teaching them how to do the work. They will, in turn, teach others to do the same. It creates an incredibly strong team when everyone is doing their own work and using the same resources. I believe in helping to develop leaders.
- As a homeschooling mom, I have learned to work around this challenge and still build this business. I utilize social media a great deal, and primarily build my business online. However, I also recognize there are many, many ways to build this business, and I can support you in whatever way you feel is best for you.
- Due to the above, I build my business on a part-time basis – so my time is limited and I primarily offer support and training in a group format. I’m not available 24/7 but as a result I can show people how they can build this business even if they don’t have a lot of time to spare.
- My goal is to help you become independent as quickly as possible. If you are local, I can come and teach your first class for you, but I will also show you it is so simple you can do it yourself. I find that those who take the initiative to dive in are the ones who are the most successful! If classes aren’t your style, I can also show you how to work one-on-one with people.
- I believe in being a farmer, not a hunter. I believe in an Attraction Marketing mindset, where people come to me when they are ready to use the oils or join my business. I don’t chase people and I don’t use aggressive marketing tactics. That is not the culture of doTERRA. We always lead with a service mindset. Our #1 goal is to help others.
- I have 2 separate Facebook groups – one for product support and one for business support. You’ll be invited to both, and be able to join our family! You won’t just be learning from me, but we all learn from one another.
- I am in this for the long haul. This month I’m celebrating my 3 year dōTERRA anniversary, and I truly plan to do this for the rest of my life. I’m not jumping ship. This is the only network marketing company I ever plan to be with.
Who do I like to work with?
- People who are self-motivated
- People who are prepared to commit to this long-term
- People who understand this is not get-rich-quick, and that it is a real business that takes work to build, it’s no different than any other business
- People who care deeply about others and want to help them
- People who are genuinely interested in health and wellness
- People who are resourceful and able to find information (or are willing to learn)
- People who understand that any business requires a financial investment. The beauty of network marketing is that the investment is very small compared to most other business models, and I can teach you how to recoup that cost quickly.
- People who are coachable
- People with a positive attitude and mindset
- People who are committed to working on their business daily even when they don’t feel like it (imagine if your favourite restaurant only opened when they felt like it… they likely wouldn’t be in business long!)
How do I know if this is right for me?
Make yourself a cup of tea, cozy up on the couch for 30 minutes, and watch this video to help you understand more about how this business works. Then contact me with any questions you might have.
I don’t have any questions, I’m ready to start building my financial pipeline!
Awesome! I love people who are self-driven and ready to take action. Here are the steps to launching your very own home-based business!
1. Choose your starter kit. If you’re wanting to build a business, I recommend starting with the Home Essentials Kit or higher – you will be using your oils for sampling, doing one-on-ones and classes, etc., so you will go through oils more quickly than someone who is just using them for personal use (don’t worry, you get to write these off at tax time!). So for that reason, I don’t recommend the kits that only have 5 ml bottles, but if that is all you can do at this point, then start there, but if at all possible, invest in the largest kit you can afford. You will be grateful to have more oils to begin your business.
2. After you have enrolled, it will ask you if you want to set up your monthly Loyalty Rewards Order. This is a recurring monthly order. In doTERRA, we need to order a minimum of 100 PV per month in order to do this as a business. If you’re in Canada, that’s about $150 a month by the time you factor in taxes and shipping. Seriously, is there ANY other business you can run for $150 a month? 🙂 This is how you will re-stock your supplies as well as add new oils and products to your collection. Because this business is truly about sharing our experience with others, it’s not possible to do that if you aren’t actively using the products yourself! Begin thinking in terms of redirecting your spending. Whatever products you were normally buying at the grocery store or drug store, shift those over to doTERRA. This is your monthly business investment. So when you set this up, this is for NEXT month’s order. So choose what you would like to have shipped to you next month. I always suggest selecting a monthly shipping date before the 15th of the month, that way you will qualify for the free product of the month! This order isn’t set in stone, you have until your shipping date to make any changes you wish. Just make sure it’s always saved at 100 pv or more so that you don’t miss out on commissions (we get paid weekly). I’ll also teach you how to quickly start earning enough commissions to cover the cost of this order.
3. Start sharing! It’s never to early to begin sharing with friends and family. You can start before you’ve even received your oils, simply by talking about how excited you are to begin your own business! You can talk about what you’ve learned so far about essential oils, and how they are going to help you and your family. Once you receive your oils you can begin sharing samples and inviting people to one-on-ones and classes. Don’t worry, I will walk you through this part!
4. There are a few basic additional supplies you will want in order to make it easier to share the oils. Things like:
- Sample bottles
- Mini usage guides
- Fractionated coconut oil
- CD style sample case (optional – for carrying your samples)
- A resource book – my 2 favs are Modern Essentials and The Essential Life. You don’t need to be an expert on essential oils to start sharing! As long as you have a great resource book, you have everything you need.
If you’re in Canada (like me!), my favourite place to purchase these supplies is www.mebcanada.com. My favourite sampling method is using mini roller bottles! You can order 2 ml roller bottles, add about 10 drops of the essential oil you’re wanting to sample, and then fill the rest up with fractionated coconut oil. You’ll get some cute stickers with your doTERRA order that you can place on top, and voila! Samples. 🙂
I look forward to working with you, and chatting about your goals! Use the contact form above to let me know you want to do this as a business and we will get you started.